Clear all

Helldivers ll: Account Linking Update

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@hkgs_geoswas)
Eminent Member Registered
Topic starter  

Sony now want’s player to link there Steam account to Sony PlayStation. If you don’t, you will be locked out of Helldivers II, a game you and I paid for! As I’ve stated in my Twitter/X page: In short, you have 3 options if you play on Steam. 1) Request a refund. 2) If refund is denied, stop playing & uninstall. 3) Link your steam to Sony PlayStation. Below, I linked the short blog post made by Sony Interactive Entertainment.

Helldivers II Account Linking Update

For the last 3 month, for those of us that have played and continue to play Helldivers II on PC, we’ve haven’t had a problem, other than complaining about weapons being useless due to all the nerfs. Another complaint has been about team killing and being kicked from a group for no reason, wasting time, nothing to show for it. If we collect X amount of greens, oranges and purple components, we keep nothing after being kicked. Or, getting kicked right before extraction, we’ve all been their.

However, this is not a reason for Sony to mandate PC players to link their Steam accounts to Sony PlayStation, this should be, needs to be optional. There are no added benefits by doing so. Sony says is to protect players. Protect them from what? I’m grown ass man and if for some reason someone or a group start talking smack, I just mute them.

And let’s get one thing straight, Helldivers II does not have a PvP component nor is it part of “e-Sports”. There is zero competition. Helldivers II is a 4 man co/op games and all you do is pump-stump bugs, robots and soon aliens knowns as the Illuminate and push them all the way back by taking over planets, sectors in hopes of resetting the galactic map to start a new war cycle, that’s it. Lastly, Helldivers II is rated M 17+. If you’re old like me and have no idea what that rating means, it’s equivalent to being Rated R.

(@hkgs_geoswas)
Eminent Member Registered
Topic starter  

Due to all the push back from PC players on the Linking of Steam Account to PSN, Sony finally reverted it’s decision to do so. This may be a small victory for us who play Helldivers II on PC, however, the problem continues to persist with other PlayStation titles on PC, namely Steam. On May 6th, Sony put out a tweet stating the following

we’ve heard your feedback on the Helldivers 2 account linking update. The May 6 update, which would have required Steam and PlayStation Network account linking for new players and for current players beginning May 30, will not be moving forward.

Games like Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR’S CUT and other PlayStation games on Steam will mandate a PSN account. Let me be clear, when the vast majority of PC players, including myself, say: we don’t want to link our Steam accounts to PSN, that goes for all PlayStation Games. There is zero benefit in linking your Steam account to PSN, let alone, having a PSN account on PC.

Note: You can find this post on the group form as well under Action Games

ReplyQuote
Share:
The Social Pit

New Report

Close