Action Games

Helldivers ll: Account Linking Update

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

As of time of writing, Helldivers II on Steam has over 100K Mostly Negative Reviews. It just took 24 to 48 hours to flip from Mostly Positive to Mostly Negative. And according to a post on Twitter, “They’re not forcing it, Redguard just wants to ban people”, can’t make make sense of it. As I’ve said before, Helldivers II is a PVE, 4 man co-op game with no pvp components nor “eSports” elements. And to link my Steam is to be bound by Sony’s TOS and I game on PC, not console.

Due to all the push back from PC players on the Linking of Steam Account to PSN, Sony finally reverted it’s decision to do so. This may be a small victory for us who play Helldivers II on PC, however, the problem continues to persist with other PlayStation titles on PC, namely Steam. On May 6th, Sony put out a tweet stating the following

we’ve heard your feedback on the Helldivers 2 account linking update. The May 6 update, which would have required Steam and PlayStation Network account linking for new players and for current players beginning May 30, will not be moving forward.

Games like Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR’S CUT and other PlayStation games on Steam will mandate a PSN account. Let me be clear, when the vast majority of PC players, including myself, say: we don’t want to link our Steam accounts to PSN, that goes for all PlayStation Games. There is zero benefit in linking your Steam account to PSN, let alone, having a PSN account on PC.

The Social Pit
      Keymaster

We Won the Battle Against Sony, But Not the War

The only reason why over 100 plus countries are still unable to buy or play Helldivers II; it’s a power move by Sony to get Arrow Head back to the bargaining table to get Arrow Head to re-instate the mandatory linking of Steam Accounts to PSN. Sony only reverted the decisions to mandate Steam Accounts to be linked to PSN so the reviews can be flipped from Mostly Negative to Mostly Positive, and it worked.

In short, the only way gamers from over 100 plus countries will ever get to play Helldivers II, is by re-instating the Sony Mandate to link Steam Accounts to PSN. This is why Helldivers II continues to be delisted. In turn, this only hurts Arrow Head as a development studio. The best thing to do, in my opinion, is not to buy PlayStation games on Steam, Epic or where else they add their PS game on PC, this sends a strong message. If Sony doesn’t care, then so be it.

Sony’s Bargaining Chip

The only way the 177 countries will get to buy, play or continue playing Helldivers II is if the mandate to link Steam Accounts to PSN is enforced. Think of it as a bargaining chip. You want those countries to play Helldivers II, enforce the mandate! That’s the short of it. If Sony’s idea is to get PC player to link Steam Accounts to PSN, then the best move is not to buy any Sony games on PC that requires a PSN account.

Ghost of Tushima Directors Cut requires Steam Account to be linked to PSN for the PlayStation overlay. Why? If this is what Sony plans to do with their games on PC, namely, Steam, to mandate PC players to link there Steam accounts to PSN, I might as well avoid all PS games on Steam altogether. I’m not the type to be harping on an issue. I state my peace and be done with it What Sony wants is for us PC players to link our Steam Account to PSN.

Attachments:
        You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    The Social Pit

New Report

Close